// -->

BEYOND THE BOUNDARIES. - Chapter 1.


Mehek is sitting inside the Indira Gandhi International airport's waiting area. She is staring at the entry door with eager eyes. In her eyes both helplessness and hopelessness are clearly visible.
A handsome, dusky, tall guy of something around 6’2 sits beside her. In her helplessness she ignores looking at him. Intrigued by her behavior, the guy gives his hand, “Hi” he says.
“Hi” Mehek replies, with a puzzled look. Then quickly shakes his hand then turns her head towards the entry again.
“Are you waiting for someone?” the guy inquires.
“Yes, actually I am.” She replies as she slowly turns her head toward him.
“I am Mehek by the way. Mehek Chakraborty.”
“Nice to meet you Mehek Chakraborty, I’m Aditya Rajput.” he says, lightly kissing her hand with a flirty smile. 
Dressed in a white maxi dress with blue polka dots, rose pink lips and her brown hairs left open, she is looking nothing less than a beauty. Aditya's choice of flirting with her is pretty obvious. And so, his over friendly behavior gave Mehek the clear view of the picture, 'Aditya is trying to flatter her' and well, she is obviously going to let him do that, which girl will ever mind a handsome guy’s flatter?
“Where are you going to?” she asked with a smile.
“Paris. You?”
“The same.”
“Ohh… really? Which flight?”
“Why should I tell you?”
“Damn. Don't tell me then. How long do you have to wait?” he winks.
"I know what you are doing there but well... 3 more hours."
"Then we have got the same flight to catch. Coincidence?"
 "Maybe. I guess we have a lot of time to spend together.” she flirts back.
“3 hours” he replies, “Hey, I think I’ve seen you somewhere.”
“Hahaha please don’t tell me you've seen me in your dreams.” She chuckles.
“Hahaha no, not in dreams but somewhere I’m sure. Though I wouldn't mind seeing you in my dreams.” He takes a pause for few seconds and then continues, “By the way, do you read?”
“Yeah, I love reading. Are you asking me this because someone has told you girls like guys who read?” she raises her brows.
“Do they? Ah! Ain't I too perfect? But no, actually I don't read much but I was suggested this book by my friend, I’m done with 5 chapters and trust me it’s good. I'm addicted to it. I can’t wait to read what happens next. Reading this book is exactly what I’m going to do inside the flight, but yes only if you aren’t free.”

She smiles seeing his excitement and asks, “What’s the book called?”.
“Beyond the boundaries.”
She giggles a bit and then looks up giving him a shy smile.
“What? Why are you feeling shy?” he asks, raising his brow, inquiring the reason for her unreasonable blush.
“Do you know who is the writer of this book?”
“No.” He quickly shuffles through his bag and checks the writer’s name on the book. “Holy shit! You wrote this?”
“Hahaha. Yes I did.”
“I am a fan of your writing. And like every other desperate fan I have some questions. Can I please ask?”
“Though I don't think it's suitable to answer them when you aren't done with even half of the story but since we have time, I guess we can do that.” She reply knowing what the questions are going to be. The same question everybody asks, the questions she never answer.
“I heard this is your real story, is this true?”
“Yes. Kind of true.” She smiles, staring at the floor.
“What happened really? As far as I’ve read Abhimanyu seems like a great guy, then why did he left? Why did you left? Or did nobody left but something happened?”
“It’s a long story.” She again replies with her eyes still fixed on that black stone paved in the floor.
He takes her hand in his, “We have 3 hours, plus the same flight. Please.”
His pleading eyes are asking her to speak, to open her heart. And somehow, for the first time, she wants the same thing. She wants to answer.
“Okay, I guess..."

Continue reading CHAPTER 2.

4 comments