// -->

BEYOND THE BOUNDARIES. Chapter-6



Maybe you are you and maybe I am me,but we are someone in our hearts,someone we can never be.

The nurse told Abhimanyu, that Mehek’s unconsciousness was a result of weakness and stress. She was weak, in pain and was depressed.
Not caring about others Abhimanyu decided to drop Mehek back to her home, she was still unconscious.

Every person in the college was talking about them. There were rumors about their secret relationship. Abhimanyu's scared face was a subject of question for everyone, Why?

Sitting in the car looking at Mehek’s pale face the only thing Abhimanyu had in mind was, what depressed her?
It was thundering outside, but she, she was silent. For the first time, rain failed to put a smile on her face.
Abhimanyu opened the car door and picked her up in his arms, and rang the bell. Seeing the fearful expression on her parents face, Abhimanyu realized that Mehek’s parents were expecting this.
He gently rested Mehek on her bed and followed her parents to the living room, there was tension in the atmosphere. 
The pictures of Mehek on the wall of the living room were contradicting her present situation, there in the pictures she looked cheerful with her big lively eyes and here she was in her bed, stone cold and those dead eyes.
Nobody in the room spoke till Abhimanyu’s questions spilled from the brim.
“Were you expecting this?” Abhimanyu asked Mehek’s parents.
“She was behaving odd from few weeks. She used to lock herself in her room, starve whole day, she was quiet. She dint said a single word.” Her mother's eyes were full of tears.
How would a parent feel if her forever smiling daughter will one day, just be silent?
No matter how much they scold us, but a little pain of ours is a tiny heart attack to our parents. They never say because they want us to earn their love, so we can earn our own love, so we can realize our value.

“Ever since she returned from her friend Riya’s home, she is behaving weird. Even when Riya came to visit her, she dint even answer her questions. Whenever we tried to talk to her, she would just end up crying. We asked her to talk to you but she refused. I don’t know what has happened to her but I know she isn’t fine. If you can, please help her. I can’t see my daughter living as a dead every day. She is the one who used to make me smile, every night when I return from the work, I feel helpless that I can’t even make her smile. I want to make her smile, I need her to smile, its difficult for us to see our daughter lifeless, she don't speak, she don't smile, she isn't my daughter anymore, she is just a body of flesh. I want my daughter to live.
She is the one who keeps us alive, if she’ll be cold how will we survive.” For the first time, her dad was crying. Sad part was, there was no use of it.
Looking at her parents, helpless, Abhimanyu stood up and went inside Mehek’s room.
Juggled through her stuff, he knew her diary must have something and he was right.
26 February, 2016
Dear Diary,
My be its wrong, or may be its right but I know I feel something for Abhimanyu. 
Last night was the most beautiful memory that I had with him, I’m scared that I may have fallen in love him.
I know how satisfied I felt, when I looked at him sleeping, I felt he was mine, but I know he belongs to someone else, I know he loves Nandita. Whatever that happened last night was just a result of alcohol. But I don’t know what is happening to me, I don’t know how I feel. I asked him to forget the night but I myself can’t forget it. Does he feel the same? I don’t know… But I know I want to spend every night with him like that, I can share… "

The next page was torn, and so Abhimanyu concluded it the wrong, he thought she needed his care and his love, his shared love. He was ready, she was his closest friend and if she wanted his love, he could give her that.

He sat beside Mehek, holding her hand, he was confused and worried. Was dividing his love between Nandita and Mehek the right thing to do? Is this ethical? What will happen when Nandita finds about this? Does this even makes sense?
He was lost in his thoughts when she finally gained her senses. Mehek opened her heavy eyes, he was with her. Her straight, bloodless face finally had a curve.
“Hey” she said in a strained low voice.
“Hey. Uhh my stupid is finally up.” Abhimanyu replied with a smile and kissed her forehead.
Its sometimes really odd, how we connects so much to someone that we gets into a relationship which doesn’t really have a name, its never love and its never friendship, its something above it all.
The questions in Abhimanyu’s mind finally disappeared. For her smile, he was willing to do everything.
“I’ll inform your parents, they are really stressed out.”
Abhimanyu stood up but Mehek grasped his hand, “Don’t leave me now.” Her hopeful eyes gave him a chill. He knew she was scared that he’ll leave her, but how could he leave someone who means almost everything to him, ALMOST.
He sat beside her again, fondling her hand and looking into her eyes. She wanted to say something, but she didn’t and he knew.
Mehek tried to sit, her hands had no strength, she was struggling but her body was weak, Abhimanyu able to see her dilemma, helped.
He clenched her shoulders, gave her support. His face was close to hers, and she remembered that night, that flashback left a tear in her eyes, she quickly hugged Abhimanyu.
Her warm tears were again, ready to drench him with her pain.

*PRESENT*
“Did you tell him that you loved him?” Aditya asks shuffling the pages of the book in his hand.
“What do think?” Mehek responds with a smile, a smile camouflaging her pain.

2 comments