// -->

BEYOND THE BOUNDARIES. Chapter-8:The Ending.


Read the previous chapter.

“You left for his happiness and he left for Nandita.” Aditya feels sympathetic towards Mehek.
He tried to look into her eyes, but they were already filled with pain and he was aware that her pain will bring him to tears.
“How can someone do that? How did he never noticed your love? What a moron.” Aditya says with anger in his voice, his anger made Mehek smile.
“It wasn’t his fault. It was mine.” Mehek replies taking his hand in hers and continues, “I never told him about by feelings clearly. How would he ever know? Whatever he did was for my happiness.”
“How can you still take side of someone who never understood your love? How can someone not fall in love with a girl who loved him more than herself.” Aditya tightens his grip on her hand in anger.
Mehek is still silent, looking down on the floor, with a blank smile.
“You are so strong. That’s the most attractive thing about you.” Aditya caresses her hand.

A person polished by struggle, itself, always shines the brightest.
She is beautiful, she is smart, she is strong, her mysterious attitude bedazzles Aditya’s eyes, he is willing to sink in the depths of her eyes.
A woman with power and strength, is a woman who can make anyone fall for her.

“Thank you.” Mehek replies, her cheeks are pink..
“You still have that smile Mehek. That smile that makes world a better place.” He giggles as he completes. She joins him.
“Did he ever tried to contact you after that day?”Aditya asks.

She slowly takes her hand back from his hold.
“I’m sorry.” Aditya feels embarrass.
“It’s okay.” Mehek smiles to ease the tension.
“So, did he?”
Mehek stays silent.
“Do you still love him?” Aditya want his answers, he still try to stay calm. But Mehek’s silence, keep provoking him to say, “You deserve better.”

Mehek's phone rings, she checks her phone and looks at the entry gate again, desperately.
Aditya looks towards the door after her, trying to see the person Mehek is waiting so desperately for.
A whitish, 6 foot man, with a well build physique, dressed in a blue denim shirt and white pants, takes his step towards them.
Mehek stands up, hurries towards the guy and hugs him.
Aditya was confused. At one hand, she isn’t even ready to answer, about her love Abhimanyu and here she is hugging another man with such love.

“Is this really her story? Or she lied about it? May be this was a publicity stunt, or maybe she has really moved on.” Aditya started thinking.

“I see, you have company” the man says looking at Mehek, raising his brow with an inquiring smile.
“This is Aditya. I was waiting for you so we started talking, he is in the same flight.” Mehek explains.

Both the men shakes hands.
“Hi, Aditya. I’m Abhimanyu, Abhimanyu Singh. Nice to meet you. So my would-be wife bored you much?” Abhimanyu winks.
Aditya’s jaw drops, he is shocked.
The story ended with him leaving and her packing, there is no mention of what happened next.
“But how? How? You left for Mumbai to meet Nandita. You both were about to get engage. How did this happen?”
“Nandita?” Abhimanyu’s eyes meets the book in Aditya’s hand, “Beyond the boundaries” he says and looks at Mehek.
“Are you sure, you want me to tell him?” Abhimanyu asks Mehek. She responds with a nod.
Abhimanyu takes a paper out from his wallet, and hands it to Aditya.
“She wrote this, the night before, I informed her about leaving for Mumbai."


I wish for this night,where you and I,
lie beside each other,
Can you for once lie?
Can you for once pretend?
That you care for my love,
and not just my curves.
Can you for once pretend?
That my presence matters,
not just this bodily essence.
Can you for once lie?
Tell me. Can you?

I wish for a night,
where we stay awake,
just talk meaningless stuff,
without any break.
No kissing, no touching.
An hour long conversation,
we look into, the other's eyes,
and then nothing else will matter.

Can you for once say,
that you love me ,
and it’s not for the body?
Can you for once speak,
that you feel me breath,
under this skin?
Can you for once speak?
Tell me. Can you?


“When I returned home, I called her name and no one responded. I checked everywhere, she wasn’t at home, I was tensed. I called her, she didn’t picked up, I was scared, I thought she was in trouble.
Then I saw the doors of our wardrobe were open, her clothes weren’t there.” Abhimanyu gulps, “She was gone.
I called her again and again, there was no response. I called her colleagues, thinking she must’ve gone to their house, but nobody had any clue. I was sitting on our bed with tears in my eyes and her picture in my hand. I thought I lost her and I had no clue why she left.
Then I saw a paper fluttering near the window, this is that paper. I always keeps it with me, this is a reminder of how special I am, that she loves me.” Abhimanyu smiles.
“What about the engagement? And how did you find Mehek?” Aditya asks with eager eyes.

That’s what happens when you are so connected to a story. With every upturn, you smile. With every downturn, you learn.

“I called her some 100 or 120 times. I called her home, but even her parents had no clue.
At last, I decided to leave for Mumbai. I was in love with Nandita and we were about to get engaged, it was simple. It sounds simple, but it wasn't.
I kept crying looking at this poem, I was having a hard time accepting the fact that Mehek was in love with me. But in the end, I learned that I was in love with her too.
I was always in love with her.” Abhimanyu takes Mehek’s hand in hers and kisses it.
“ I finally had an answer for ‘Why I care so much about her?’ I was always into her, she was always special. In fact, she made me feel special. She is everything to me. I asked the cab driver to take me back to our home town, I had the feeling that she was there. But yes, I was frightened about what will I tell everyone, but then, things that feels right, shouldn’t be stopped.”

“I was waiting for a bus when his cab stopped in front of me. He jumped out of the car, hugged me right there in front of some 30-40 people and told me that he was in love with me. His teary eyes were enough to make me trust him” Mehek’s eyes gets wet.

“Damn you two. I love you both so much seriously. What happened when everyone found out? How did Nandita behaved?” Aditya asks, wiping his tear from his face.

“Nandita is a sweetheart. She looked at us and she told me that Abhimanyu never cried for her, but he cried for me so I was special.
She did cried, it was difficult for her. But then, it wasn’t so hard because of the long distance.
About our parents? Well, they both were aware about our connection. My mom dad always trusted Abhimanyu, but it did took time to convince them and then at the end, they were ready. Abhimanyu’s parents were really supportive towards his decision, they already were aware about me.
And now, we are engaged and will get married after 2 months.”

“God! I’m so happy for you guys. You should’ve mentioned about the happy part in the book yaar.”
“Hahaha... check the back of the cover.” Mehek says, her eyes were twinkling.

 I’ve loved you always,   
I’ve loved you for centuries.
Our love will stay forever,
Even if we have to go,
BEYOND THE BOUNDARIES. 
And they lived happily every after…


THE END.


P.S. Thanks for all the support. You guys are the best. :')

2 comments